IDAHO DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTION
OFFENDER FAMILY CONTACT RULES LIST
- Never be alone with children.
- Never be responsible for supervising or disciplining children.
- Never initiate physical contact with children.
- Never discuss issues of sexuality with minors.
- The offender should not present himself as wanting or needing caretaking or special affection from children.
- The use of alcohol is prohibited.
Rules for family visits outside the home:
- The offender is to never be alone with children. A chaperone approved by the Probation/Parole officer is to be present at all times.
- The offender is not to discipline children. The chaperone is responsible for determining appropriate disciplining of the children. The chaperone is responsible for administering rewards or punishment.
- Any discussions of the abuse between the offender and the children will take place in the treatment setting.
- The offender will minimize physical contact with children and will not initiate physical contact with children (ie, hugs, hand holding, etc.). The offender will not sit next to children in a car, a restaurant, etc.
- The offender is not to be around children’s friends.
- The offender will have no secrets with the children.
- There will be no gift giving to the children except through the chaperone.
- The offender will never enter the children’s bedrooms.
- The offender should be within eyesight of the chaperone at all times during home visits.
- The offender is not to control or dictate children’s activities.
- The offender is not to confront children regarding their misbehavior.
- The offender is not to sit next to children or have a child sit on his or her lap.
- The offender is not to be involved in the physical hygiene of the children.
- The offender is not to criticize or compliment children’s physical appearance (ie, hair, clothes, makeup, etc.), unless specifically asked for his or her opinion by the child.
- The offender is not to engage in horseplay or tickling with the children.
P.O. BOX 1408 · 1118 F STREET · LEWISTON · IDAHO · 83501 · PHONE (208) 799-5030 · FAX (208) 799-8556